Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Opposite of Reader's Block

Not many posts here the last month, but no apologies either. For about the first time in ages, I am Too Busy Reading.

Yup, that's right. Somehow I have fallen into a rich vein of good books that I am excited to read, and that I actually have in my hands! So, rather than finish a book, stew about it for a while, post a loong review and then search for the next thing to read, I am just setting down one book and picking up the next one.

And then doing it again.

Which means that not only has this blog suffered, but I am rapidly forgetting what it is that I have read and what I wanted to remember about it. Which is not ideal, obviously, but is much more fun for me than not knowing what to read next and settling for something that is only okay. You know, books that are the literary equivalent of kissing your sister.

Although, your sister kisses really well.

So here is a list of the reviews I fully intend to get around to writing and posting:

The God of the Hive, by Laurie R. King
The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie, by Alan Bradley
Still Life, by Louise Penny
The Brutal Telling, by Louise Penny
The Art of Racing in the Rain, by Garth Stein
The Broken Teaglass, by Emily Arsenault
The Gate at the Stairs, by Lorrie Moore (Part 2)
Catcher in the Rye, by J.D. Salinger
Open House, by Elizabeth Berg
River in the Sky, by Elizabeth Peters
A Reliable Wife, by Robert Goolrick
The Weed that Strings the Hangman's Bag, by Alan Bradley

So, stuff will be happening. Watch this spot for updates!

EDITED TO ADD: Two other books I had forgotten I have finished:
Mathilda Savitch, by Victor Lodato
Bite Me, by Christopher Moore

I love it that I have been doing so much reading that I can't even remember what all I've finished.

No comments: